A tour in which we will take you on a journey through time: ancient peoples, castles and counties, abbeys and churches of great beauty, Renaissance squares and palaces ... surrounded by unique natural landscapes
- Exclusive experiences:
- Laboratory in a Bio farm
- Science laboratory at the Astronomical observatory of the Torre delle Stelle
- Naturalistic excursion in the Sirente Velino Regional Park
- The pluses:
- At your disposal a local tourist guide for visits to Alba Fucens, Tagliacozzo, Celano and Aielli and a naturalistic guide for the excursion to the Piani di Pezza.
- Every day from 04.05.20 to 31.10.20
The trip tailored for you. It is possible to customize the tour with additional visits or combine it with a sea or mountain stay. Let us know your needs!
- 1 ° day: Celano
Your arrival is expected in the afternoon at the hotel Le Gole di Celano. Accommodation in reserved rooms. Dinner and overnight.
- 2nd day: A walk from Ancient Rome to the Middle Ages: Alba Fucens - Rosciolo - Tagliacozzo
Breakfast at the hotel. The local guide will take you on a visit to one of the most important archaeological sites in central Italy, Alba Fucens, the small Rome of Abruzzo. Here you can walk in the Roman city and learn about the life of the peoples who gave rise to the people of Abruzzo. The site conserves the typical buildings of the Roman cities: spas, temples, shops, slaughterhouse, domus and a spectacular amphitheater. Afterwards, you will visit the church of S. Pietro in Albe, built on top of the remains of a pagan temple and a beautiful example of Abruzzo Romanesque. All immersed in a mountain panorama at more than 1000 m asl. At the end of the visit you will move to a local organic farm. Here, Emanuela will welcome you with a refreshing elderberry or wild blackthorn drink and will accompany you on a visit to the company with a walk at the foot of Monte Velino, where, depending on the season, it will teach you to recognize and collect herbs, flowers , berries and fruits. He will explain the techniques of maceration of berries and flowers, he will give you notions for making jams, pickles and fruit juices. At the end of the walk you will taste the products of the company in a "lunch aperitif" (ex: drinks with wild syrups and berries or hemp beer, wild herbs used as a pasta dressing or to be eaten raw, cooked or battered, or cold cuts and cheeses accompanied by jams made with fruits of ancient plants, you can taste the particular hemp oil, and finally sweets and bread made with hemp flour. In the afternoon you will discover two sites that will amaze you. The first stop will be a short visit to the Church of Santa Maria in Valle Porclaneta, in the medieval village of Rosciolo. The guide will tell you the story of this small Benedictine abbey of which only the church remains. A jewel of the Romanesque style, carved in stone in the XNUMXth century, with a frescoed interior. Afterwards, you will visit the town of Tagliacozzo, a Marsican county, which preserves beautiful monuments and one of the most beautiful renaissance palaces in the region. ientro in hotel. Dinner and overnight.
- 3rd day: From the Middle Ages to the science of today: Celano - Aielli
Breakfast at the hotel. With the local guide you will dedicate the morning to discover the medieval town of Celano, where you will visit the Piccolomini Castle, a 1th-10th century ducal residence. with the annexed Museum where there are the most beautiful works of sacred art and the interesting Torlonia Collection, of great historical value. Free lunch. In the late afternoon the guide is waiting for you in Aielli to let you visit the small village, where for some years an artistic and scientific event has been taking place, "Borgo Universo". During the three days of the festival, between music, art, street performance and astronomy, the artists leave beautiful pictorial works along the streets and on the walls of the houses. A journey through sundials, mythology and stars. The tour lasts about XNUMX hour. You will start from the town square up to the Torre delle Stelle. You will be able to admire about XNUMX murals, among the most significant and important ones. The tour ends with the large mural of Fontamara, the entire book by Ignazio Silone shown on the external wall of an auditorium and the important Solar Clock of the Torre delle Stelle. Dinner in a restaurant. After dinner, you will conclude this intense day, with a visit to the Torre delle Stelle which has as its central point the astronomical observation that will allow you to observe through the telescope of the Tower depending on the period, the Moon, the planets of the Solar System (the rings of Saturn, the satellites of Jupiter, ...), Star Clusters, Nebulae, distant galaxies. During the visit, an astronomer will tell you stories about the Sky, take a tour of the Stars and the Constellations and when possible, you can take pictures with your smartphone with a telescope (for brighter objects, for example the Moon). Next return to the hotel. Overnight.
- 4th day: The natural environment preserved over the years: The Sirente Velino Regional Park
Breakfast at the hotel. The nature guide is waiting for you in Rovere, a hamlet in the municipality of Rocca di Mezzo, seat of the Sirente Velino Regional Park, for an excursion, without technical difficulties, to Cloth Plans (*), in the high mountains to rediscover the territory and nature. In the morning you will also visit the Visitor Center of the Oak Chamois Wildlife Area, where it will be possible, with binoculars, to spot "The Apennine Chamois", known as the most beautiful chamois in the world. Lunch in a restaurant. Subsequent departure for return.
- THE PRICE INCLUDES :
- Accommodation at the 4-star hotel Le Gole in a room with private bathroom
- Treatment of 2 half board and one bed and breakfast
- Experience at the organic farm with tasting of organic products
- Dinner in a restaurant in Aielli
- Entrance and guided astronomical laboratory at the Torre delle Stelle
- Typical mountain lunch in Rocca di Mezzo
- Local guide for visits to Alba Fucens, Tagliacozzo, Celano and Aielli
- Mid-mountain guide guide for the naturalistic excursion to the Piani di Pezza
- "Serene vacation" fee against travel cancellation costs
- THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Drinks with meals
- Any tourist taxes
- Anything not expressly indicated in the item the fee includes
- (*) NB: Excursion to the Piani di Pezza:
- Difficulty: E / Excursion - Easy path without particular difficulties
- Duration: about 3 hours
- Dogs allowed: on a leash
- Minimum equipment needed:
- Waterproof hiking shoes (or boots)
- Thermal and breathable layered clothing
- Rain and windproof jacket
- Sun glasses
- Trekking poles
- * The excursion may not take place in case of adverse weather conditions