VIE DEI CANTI VIAGGI srl (hereinafter also Vie dei Canti Viaggi) is committed to protecting the privacy of users and declares itself responsible for the security of customer data. We will be clear and transparent on the information we collect and what we will do with this information.
This disclosure establishes the following:
- Which personal data of the user are collected and processed in relation to the relationship with us as a customer and through the use of our website, mobile applications and online services;
- Where we get the data;
- What we do with such data;
- How we store data;
- To whom we transfer / disclose such data;
- How we treat your data protection rights;
- How we comply with data protection regulations.
All personal data are collected and processed in compliance with Italian and EU data protection laws.
- 2002 / 58 / CE Directive - concerning the "processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector".
- Regulation (EU) 2016 / 679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 in April 2016 concerning the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, as well as the free circulation of such data and repealing the 95 / 46 / CE Directive Data Protection General).
"Vie dei Canti Viaggi" (referred to as "us", "us", "our" or "Vie dei canti Viaggi" in this statement) in this statement refers to VIE DEI CANTI VIAGGI srl., the company that boasts trademark rights.
VIE DEI CANTI VIAGGI srl is the "data controller" of all personal information collected and used on customers of Vie dei Canti Viaggi.
VIE DEI CANTI VIAGGI srl is a company incorporated under Italian law registered in the register of companies in Rome with registration number IT13366331000 and registered office in Rome, Piazza delle Crusades 1 and operational headquarters in Rimini, via Pareto 5.
What personal data we collect
Personal data means all information relating to the user that allows us to identify him, such as the name, contact details, booking reference number, payment details and information on his access to our website.
We may collect your personal data when you book a Tourist Service (package holiday, flight, hotel, flight + hotel, etc ...) with us (directly or indirectly through our trusted third-party partners), use our website and / or the app and other websites accessible via our website and / or app, participate in a survey or contest, or when you contact us.
Specifically, we could collect the following categories of information:
- Name, residential address, e-mail address, telephone number, passport number or identity card details, credit / debit card or other payment details;
- Advance Passenger Information (API), including name, nationality, date of birth, gender, passport or identity card number, expiration date and country of release;
- Medical conditions for passengers who have special medical requirements and / or dietary requirements;
- Travel history, including information on flights and services booked in connection with flights;
- Information provided on the travel preferences of the user and his companions in the account "my Vie dei Canti Viaggi";
- Information on purchases of products and services of our trusted partners;
- Information on the use of our website and / or app;
- Communications exchanged with us or addressed to us via letters, e-mail, chat service, telephone calls and social media.
- Location, including real-time geographical location of the computer or device via GPS, Bluetooth, and IP address, along with Wi-Fi crowd-sourced hotspots and repeater positions, if the user uses location-based features and activates geolocation services on your device and computer.
Personal details about the user's physical or mental health, alleged commission of offenses or criminal convictions are considered "sensitive" personal data under applicable data protection laws. We will process this data only if the user has given his explicit consent, or is necessary (for example, if the user requests special assistance), or has deliberately made them public.
For what we use personal data, why and for how long
User data may be used for the following purposes:
- Provide the requested products and services: we use the information provided by the user to perform the services requested in connection with the Tourist Service, including for example. flight variation requests;
- Contact the user in case of changes to the times and / or conditions of the booked services or for which the reservation and / or estimate has been requested. We send you communications about the services you have requested and about any changes to these services. These communications do not have marketing purposes and can not be deactivated;
- Credit card verification / screening or other payment cards: we use payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to identify and / or prevent fraudulent activity;
- Communication to Service Providers: the user's data are sent to the tourism service providers for the estimate and booking of the same
- Immigration / customs controls: we may be obliged to provide user information to the agencies responsible for border control;
- Security, health, administrative purposes, prevention / detection of crimes: we can also communicate user data to government authorities or bodies in compliance with legal requirements;
- Communications with customer service: we use user data to manage our relationship as our customer and to improve our services and improve the user experience with us;
- Provide tailor-made services: we use the user's data to provide information that we believe is of interest, before, during and after the trip with us, and to customize the services we offer to the user, as special offers for preferred destinations;
- Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding promotions on holiday offers and accessory products via electronic communications. However, you will have the possibility to accept or not to receive such communications indicating the preference during registration to the newsletter service and / or during the booking phase. The possibility of indicating that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material is also given in every electronic communication we send.
We will only process your personal data if we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons for which we have collected and we must use your personal data.
In most cases we will have to process the personal data of the user in order to process the booking, stipulate the transport and accommodation contract with the user and fulfill the relative transport and accommodation contract.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following reasons:
- Respect a legal obligation (for example, immigration or customs requirements);
- The user has consented to the use of their personal data (for example, for marketing purposes);
- To protect the health of the user or another person (for example, in the event of a medical emergency);
Only persons aged 16 or older can give their consent. For children under this age, consent from parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not store data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was processed. To determine the appropriate retention period, we take into consideration the quantity, nature and sensitivity of personal data, the purposes for which we process them and whether we can achieve these goals by other means.
We must also take into account the periods for which we may need to retain personal data in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, in relation to claims for damages from ruined vacation) or to examine claims, requests and defend our legal rights in the event of a claim for compensation.
When we no longer need your personal information, we will delete it or destroy it securely. We will also assess if and how we can reduce the personal data we use over time and if we can anonymously make your personal data anonymous so that they can no longer be associated with the user or identify it, in which case we may use that information without notice.
Security of personal data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data, to protect them against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data that the users provide us are protected with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the standard method of encrypting personal data and credit card numbers that allows them to be securely transferred over the Internet.
We may disclose your information to trusted third parties for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. We require all third parties to take appropriate technical and operational security measures to protect personal data, which is in line with the Irish and EU legislation on data protection rules.
Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice:
- Third party service providers, government authorities, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities;
- GDS agents (Global Distribution System) and trusted Affiliates through which the tourist services of Vie dei Canti Viaggi are booked;
- Trusted service providers we use to manage our business, booking and post-sales staff who provide assistance to our customers, cloud service providers and email marketing services that assist our marketing team in surveying management and targeted marketing campaigns;
- The companies that issue credit and debit cards for payment services and anti-fraud screening, which may request information on the payment method and on the reservation to process the payment or guarantee the security of the payment transaction;
- Legal advisors and other professionals, courts and law enforcement agencies in all the countries in which we operate in order to protect our legal rights in relation to our contract with the user;
- Our trusted third-party partners (identified on our website) that offer products and travel services on our website: to purchase products or services offered on our websites by third parties, such as QCNS Cruse Sam for Cruises or 24 Bookings sas for Ferries or Unipol travel insurance, you may be a customer of both Vie dei Canti Viaggi and these third parties, and we and our partners may collect and share information about you, such as contact details and billing information. We are not responsible for the use by third parties of your personal data where such use is permitted for your own purposes. Please see their privacy policies for more information.
- Social media: You can access third-party social media services through our website or app or before visiting our website or app. When you register with your social account, you will receive the personal data you choose to share with us through these social media services based on their privacy settings, in order to improve and customize the use of our website or app. We can also use social media plug-ins on our website or app. As a result, the data will be shared with the social media service and possibly shared on the user's social media profile. Please refer to the privacy statement of these third-party social media providers to learn more about these practices.
Section "Il mio Vie dei Canti Viaggi"
We understand the importance of taking additional measures to protect the privacy and safety of children. As a result, children under 16 will not be allowed to open an account or register on the Vie dei Canti Viaggi portal. We will delete any accounts created by a minor of 16 years as soon as we are aware of them.
When our use of personal data is based on the user's consent, the user has the possibility to revoke consent to our processing and delete their personal data at any time, by sending an explicit request via email to the address [Email protected].
We will delete all the information of a chaperone collected without the consent of that person, as soon as we will be aware of it.
Please note that the general retention periods apply to all personal data we have collected to enter into a contract with you or to finalize this contract or because we have a legal obligation to process it.
Cookies and site tracking
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to the hard drive of your computer via the web browser to allow us to recognize the user's browser and help us to monitor visitors to our site, thus allowing us to better understand the products and services that will be more suitable for users. A cookie contains contact information and useful information to help identify the computer when you visit our site in order to help you make the reservation. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if desired, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The "help" menu of the toolbar on most browsers explains how to prevent the browser from accepting new cookies, how to make the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or completely disable cookies. If you choose to change these settings, certain functions and features may not work as expected. The cookies used do not detect the information contained on the computer.
For more information about cookies and how to prevent your browser from accepting them, visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org .
Data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request us if we have personal information about you and, if so, what such information is and why we process it / use it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as "data access request"). This allows you to receive a copy of the personal information of the user in our possession and to check its correct processing.
- Request the correction of the personal information of the user in our possession. This allows the user to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information.
- Request cancellation of your personal information. This allows us to ask ourselves to delete or remove personal information where there are no valid reasons for continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information if you have exercised your right to object to the treatment (see below).
- Oppose to the processing of personal data in which you invoke a legitimate interest (or third parties) and there are elements related to a specific personal situation that lead to oppose the treatment. You also have the right to object to processing where your personal information is used for direct marketing purposes.
- Oppose to automated decision making, including profiling, which must not be subject to any automatic decision-making process on our part through the use of personal information or user profiling.
- Request the limitation of the processing of personal information. This allows us to ask ourselves to suspend the processing of your personal data, for example if you want to check its accuracy or reasons.
- Request the transfer of personal information in electronic form and structured to the user or to another party (commonly known as the right to "data portability"). This allows you to take your data in our possession in an electronically usable format and transfer them to another part in an electronically usable format.
- Withdrawal of consent. In the limited circumstances in which you may have consented to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to revoke it for such specific treatment at any time. Upon receipt of the consent revocation notification, we will no longer process the user information for the originally agreed purpose or purpose other than on the basis of another legitimate basis.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by mail at: Via dei Canti Viaggi srl, Via E. Bertini 92 -47122Forlì FC or via email at the address [Email protected]
You will not incur any costs to access your personal information (or to exercise one of the other rights). However, if the request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive we may charge the applicant a reasonable cost. Alternatively, we may refuse to meet the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from the user, to help us confirm their identity and to guarantee their right to access information (or exercise any of the other rights). This is another security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to people who do not have the right to receive it.